The MSc Management, Retail and Commercial Development of Sport course in partnership with Décathlon
“I joined Decathlon during my second year at INSEEC Sport by CESNI. In a 15 hour weekly contract I immediately discovered the job of an omni-sports salesman. My sports career was on the decline, it was important for me to prepare the post-career and find an ambitious project for the future.
The principle is simple: We are all students within the Decathlon group, we have two years ahead of us to build a real training project to become an operational and competent leader by the end of our studies.
So I did my first year of the Master’s degree in the Decathlon Grésy sur Aix store, taking up a flagship sport in the region: road cycling. After several human and economic victories, I wanted to leave the Alpine region to join a very ambitious project, the opening of the Concept-store in Lyon Confluence. A unique store, different in every way from a traditional store, I spent a very rich year of learning within a store and a very ambitious and challenging urban project.
Un diplôme en 1 ou 2 ans pour devenir un expert en commerce du sport
Holders of a BAC+3 can apply for thefirstyear of the MSc, and holders of a BAC+4 can apply directly for the second year.
This MSc trains future sports professionals by providing them with a specialization in the fields of the sports, tourism and leisure industries in order to prepare them for positions as managers with high responsibilities or as company directors in these sectors.
Would you like to know more about the program
MSc Management, Retail and Commercial Development of Sport in partnership with Décathlon
Sign up for an Open House!
The courses listed below are examples only and may vary slightly depending on the campus. The content of the courses is adapted each year to market developments and is updated before the start of each new school year.
Les cours de 1ère année
PROFESSIONAL METHODS AND PRACTICES – 1ST YEAR
The business game is played using a business simulator. Groups of students are responsible for running a business in real time. All major business functions are covered. Students will make decisions to maximize the profitability of the business.
Ateliers techniques professionnels et Management Personnel
- CV writing, recruitment interview techniques for the search for an internship, professional project management, team management and meeting management.
- Negotiation techniques, transactional analysis and NLP, speaking and stage fright management, management and leadership techniques (PRADITUS).
- Skills assessment, coaching, digitization of the CV and job search techniques at national and international level, preparation for the defence of the applied research thesis.
Presentation of the professions in the sector by professionals.
CROSS-CUTTING AND FUNDAMENTAL COURSES
- Omnichannel and e-commerce strategy
- Retail marketing and trade mktg
- Supply Chain and sustainable development
- Commercial approach to sales
- Management of sports user relations
- Fan experience
- Commercial law distribution
- Human Resources Management NEW
- Management of shelf space supply
- Computer workshop
- ENGLISH SKILLS
- Business Skills
- budget management and dashboards
- Dashboards and activity management
- Team management and conducting meetings
- Strategic Management
- BU Development
- Business Game/ TALENTS GAME
- CASE STUDY / REVIEW
- Cohesion Seminar
- Professional report
- Professional report preparation
Les cours de 2ème année
TRANSVERSAL AND FUNDAMENTAL COURSES – 2ND YEAR
- Lean management
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Recruitment process and management / Training plan
- Managing Organizations
- Company immersion
- Sales and contract law
- Business Plan
- Dashboard and activity management
Marketing / distribution et animation du réseau
Marketing and strategy of distribution companies
Innovation and product development Licencing
Sales promotion and communication
Trade marketing and category management
Marketing panels and decisions
Customer and Loyalty Marketing
Development and animation of the network
- Employment law
- Applied computer science
- Advanced Negotiation
- Business skills
- Linkedin workshop
2 start dates per year and varying study rhythms
There are two openings per year, in February/March and September/October. To check the opening of each intake, contact the admissions department directly.
The pace of the course may differ from campus to campus and depending on whether the course is carried out under an internship agreement (initial) or a professionalization/apprenticeship contract (continuing).
The work-study contract must be signed for a period of 12 months (MSc 2), 24 months (MSc1 + MSc 2) or 18 months for the staggered start of March (continuation of studies in MSc2).
Career opportunities after an MSc in Sports Management, Retail and Business Development
- Marketing Director
- Brand Director
- Marketing Manager
- Product/range marketing manager
- Client Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Project Manager
- Brand Manager
- Product Manager
- International Product Manager
- Market Manager
- Marketing Consultant
- Research Manager
- Marketing business manager
What business skills are developed?
- Determine the marketing strategy and propose an innovative offer
- Define and implement the business development plan
- Manage and implement communication and digital marketing actions
- Manage a marketing and sales team
- Implementation and management of the marketing and management strategy in the sports sector
This program delivers the title of ” Manager of Marketing and Commercial Strategy” level 7 – former level 1 – registered in the RNCP (National Directory of Professional Certifications) under the code NSF 312.
The certification is obtained by capitalisation of all the blocks of skills.
For more details, please consult the online repository: https: //www.francecompetences.fr/recherche/rncp/34806/
What are the teaching methods?
- Lectures and interactive courses
- Situational exercises through collective or individual case studies carried out by the students
- Conferences, seminars and educational visits
- Individual or group case studies
- Individual and group oral presentations
- Individual and group files
Methods and tools
- The evaluation methods are face-to-face, in the form of continuous assessment or final exams in the form of mid-term exams.
What are the tuition fees for the course?
- Entry in MSc1: 7 650 €.
- Direct entry into MSc2: €8,050
Continuing education (sandwich course) :
– Entry in MSc1: 9 000 € HT
– Direct entry into MSc2*: 9 000 € HT
- VAE : 4 200 € HT
- VAP : 850 € HT
International package: Mandatory fee of €490 for support services exclusive to international students.
What kind of financial aid is available?
INSEEC offers several financial aid schemes:
- The alternating rhythm, in internship or work-study contract
- The right to training via the CPF
- Banking partnerships
Key figures for the MSc Sports Management, Retail and Business Development course
Overall satisfaction with the course – Class of 2019
Success Rate – Class of 2019
Employability Rate – Class of 2019
6-month CDI rate – Class of 2019
The OMNES Education Group pays particular attention to the societal environment, including the disability dimension. Indeed, we believe that students with disabilities should not have any problems in pursuing their studies and starting a professional career. We accompany them to facilitate their access to the premises, offer them personalized advice as well as adapted accommodations throughout their school career.
Accessibility of premises: all our campuses are accessible to people with disabilities.
To learn more about the OMNES Education Group’s disability policy, click here.
Updated 10 May 2022
Contacts for disability referents by campus:
Bordeaux : Anne-Sophie SCHENKELS – email@example.com
Lyon : Mylène BESTOSO – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paris : Priscila SELVA – email@example.com
Chambéry : Géraldine RIVAL – firstname.lastname@example.org