“Architecture & the City” is a course taught only on the Chicago campus. Focused on this American city, the objective is to provide INSEEC Bachelor students with knowledge on the history and development of Chicago and its suburbs. This course includes a visit to the Windy City’s landmarks.
Currently on Campus, our INSEEC Bachelor students took advantage of a visit organized by their professor James Smith to discover the city.
On the program for this day:
– Discover the Modern Architecture with the buildings of 155 North Wacker Drive and 333 West Wack Drive,
– The Wolf Pointdevelopment site, the historic heart of Chicago‘s economic development,
– The luxurious apartments of ” Habbard Place“,
Robert Pope, a renowned interior designer, personally led the visit of the INSEEC Bachelor students. They were able to discuss with him the financial model, the design process and the results
– The Knoll Showroom at the Merchandise Mart to discover modern furniture,
Hans Knoll and his wife Florence Knoll contributed to the design of furniture that has become a reference in design
– The 2014 DreamHome – designed by several interior designersUpdated 24 February 2022