The traditional training systems based on theoretical education in schools are mainly aimed at obtaining diplomas. However, there are other systems that allow students to access diplomas and also a professional pathway. This is particularly the case for work-study programs , which can be either apprenticeships or professionalization contracts. By following a work-study program at INSEEC, students can integrate one of these contracts. What is an apprenticeship?
Reminder on the work-study program
To better understand what apprenticeship training or contracting is, you need to understand what work-study training is.
It is a training system, such as face-to-face training, distance learning or evening classes. The particularity of the work-study program is that it integrates both course phases and a company activity. In other words, with a work-study program, candidates alternate classes at school and work in a company .
In this type of training, students are also employed in a company. Therefore, they are subject to an employment contract. They can thus benefit from certain privileges such as obtaining an indemnity, but are also subject to certain obligations.
There are two types of contracts for the implementation of a work-study program:
- the apprenticeship contract ;
- the professionalization contract.
By joining a work-study program at INSEEC or elsewhere, candidates can also benefit from financial aid. More specifically, it is a coverage of training costs.
The main differences between the two types of contracts
The professionalization contract is available to candidates who are between 16 and 25 years old (or over 26 if registered with Pôle Emploi). This contract allows candidates to obtain employee status.
Other differences can also be observed in :
- the minimum and maximum duration of the training;
- the cost of the training within the school;
- the amount of the allowance received ;
- the start and end dates of the contract;
- the possibility of being recruited at the end of the contract.
The terms of the apprenticeship training
A work-study program can be done either under an apprenticeship contract or a professionalization contract. Both will allow candidates to obtain a diploma at the end of their training while following a professional path.
As for the specific terms of the apprenticeship contract, it should be noted that :
- is for applicants under 30 years of age;
- extends from a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 3 years;
- gives access to a flat-rate payment that varies between 7500 and 10 000 euros per year;
- must include a minimum of 25% training time;
- provides the option of using a mediator.
What are the advantages of an apprenticeship?
The main objective of this training is to link academic knowledge with the realities of the professional world. It allows candidates to prepare a diploma while working. By extension, apprenticeship training gives them the opportunity to gain academic knowledge andwork experience.
By integrating this type of training, candidates can also enjoy a number of advantages such as the possibility :
- to benefit from a certain level of exemption from social charges;
- to have a longer contract than with a professionalization contract;
- to call upon a mediator in the event of a conflict or dispute;
- negotiate the amount of the salary;
- to obtain better coverage of training costs;
- an exceptional aid offered by the State under certain conditions and which is also accessible with the professionalization contract;
- financial support in case of breach of contract.
The main disadvantage of this training is the recruitment conditions at the end of the contract. To be eligible for recruitment, candidates must be under 29 years of age at the time the contract ends.
Why follow an apprenticeship program at INSEEC?
In terms of numbers, you should know that INSEEC offers 10 different specializations which are :
- real estate;
- data and digital;
- human resources and health;
- luxury and wine;
And 4 programs namely :
A work-study program at INSEEC allows candidates to integrate these specializations through an apprenticeship program. Throughout the course, candidates can benefit from group and/or individual coaching. At the end of the course, they can obtain a certification.Updated 21 July 2022