Bachelor’s degree in Luxury Business Management
Title RNCP n°36294
The Bachelor of Luxury, to specialize in all areas of luxury and high-end sales methods
In a highly competitive context and in order to meet the needs of a varied and increasingly demanding international clientele, it is essential to master the codes of luxury, the techniques of high-end sales as well as the marketing and communication skills specific to this sector.
All industries in the sector are experiencing strong growth. With the emergence of new brands, the luxury market has become very competitive and demanding but opens up many job opportunities in different segments such as jewellery, watchmaking, perfumery, business tourism, fashion, gastronomy and cosmetics.
A diploma course in 1, 2 or 3 years to specialize in thes world of luxury.
Holders of a BAC can apply for the 1st year of the Bachelor program, holders of a BAC+1 for the 2nd year and those with a BAC+2 for the 3rd year.
The aim of this Bachelor’s degree is to train professionals in the sector so that they are able to understand the market, train and lead the sales force, prepare sales actions, organise and carry out sales, particularly on key accounts.
The Bachelor in Luxury prepares students to understand the marketing and sales thinking of the company, to deploy actions for the development of the company’s clientele, to evaluate the actions of development of clientele, to make reports and to propose the necessary corrections.
The 3rd year program can be done in alternation, it gives the necessary bases in management, marketing, sales and management related to the specificities of the wine industry.
All our final year courses are specialized and professional, allowing students to be directly operational in a company at the end of their course.
Would you like to know more about theBachelor in Luxury ? Sign up for an Open House!
What are the professional skills developed with the Bachelor in Luxury ?
The skills developed
In response to the needs of companies identified on the market, the certification develops the following blocks of skills:
- Block 1 – Participate in the definition of the company’s or organization’s commercial strategy
- Block 2 – Design and implement a business development plan
- Block 3 – Define and manage the budgetary elements of business development
- Block 4 – Lead and develop the activity of the sales team
- Block 5 – Professionalization – Design and implement marketing actions in the luxury sector
What are the pedagogical methods of the INSEEC Bachelor program?
- Lectures and interactive courses
- Situational exercises through collective or individual case studies carried out by the students
- Conferences, seminars and educational visits
The three years of the program alternate between concept acquisition and practical application.
Each semester is validated by the award of 30 ECTS credits. Progression through the Bachelor’s program is achieved by validating the semesters one after the other, i.e. 180 ECTS credits acquired at the end of the 3-year program. The evaluation of the students’ knowledge acquisition is done through continuous controls followed by mid-term and final evaluations at the end of each semester.
- Individual or group case studies
- Individual and group oral presentations
- Individual and group files
Methods and tools
The evaluation methods are face-to-face, in the form of continuous assessment or final exams in the form of mid-term exams.
What are the courses of the Bachelor in Luxury ?
The courses presented below are given as an example, they may vary slightly depending on the teaching campus. The course content is adapted each year to market developments and updated before the start of each new school year.
The core lessons
INSEEC Bachelor’s pedagogy combines the mastery of the fundamentals in the key areas of the business world with an immersion provided by professional speakers.
From the first year onwards, students will follow fundamental courses in management sciences:
- Corporate law / Business law
- Press review / Deciphering the economic news
- Business English
- Accounting and financial management
- Marketing fundamentals
- Fundamentals of communication
- Corporate strategy
- Project management
- Negotiation techniques
- Pack Office / Adobe / HTML
- Business games / challenges / “red thread” projects
Non-exhaustive list – course content and titles may vary depending on the campus.
In addition to the core courses, students in the Bachelor Luxe will take specific courses depending on their choice of path:
- Strategy and marketing of luxury houses
- Fashion marketing and merchandising
- Tourism and event marketing
- Luxury retail strategy
- Management of luxury boutiques
- Strategy and digital marketing applied to luxury
- History of beautiful luxury houses
- Brand universe and brand content
- Luxury retail experience
- The world of perfume
- Spa creation
- CRM and clienteling
Non-exhaustive list – course content and titles may vary depending on the campus.
The 1st and 2nd year courses are available here.
Complementary modules for orientation
The Bachelor of Luxury offers, depending on the campus and the ecosystem, four complementary orientation modules:
What are the job opportunities after the Bachelor in Luxury?
Upon completion of the Bachelor’s degree in Luxury, students will be able to work in the following professions (non-exhaustive list):
- Sales Manager
- Brand Manager
- Spa Manager
- Assistant manager of a luxury boutique
- Luxury project manager
- Sales manager for a major luxury brand
- Luxury marketing manager
- Hotel Manager
1 or 2 entries per year and an alternating study rhythm
Each year, the start of the 3rd year Bachelors program is organized in September. Some campuses also offer a staggered start in February.
The course rhythm is 3 days/2 days for 6 months and then 6 months full time in a company.
This rhythm is the same whether the learner is in initial training (internship) or in continuing education (professionalization/apprenticeship).
What are the prerequisites to enter the Bachelor program?
- To enter the first year, you must hold a baccalaureate (all sections) or a Diplôme d’Accès aux Études Universitaires (DAEU), recognized as level 4;
- For integration into the second year: it is necessary to have validated 60 ECTS in a sector considered to be identical in terms of competencies to that of the course or to have validated 120 ECTS in a management science environment;
- For integration into the third year: it is necessary to have validated a 120 ECTS or a level 5 in a sector considered to be identical in terms of competencies to that of the course or to have validated 180 ECTS in a management science environment.
What certification does the Bachelor Luxe offer ?
This program delivers the certification ” Responsable d’Activités Commerciales ” of level 6 (EU) registered in the RNCP (Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles) under the code n°36294 .
For more details, please consult the online repository: https: //www.francecompetences.fr/recherche/rncp/36294/
This certification is accessible by VAE.
The validation of the certification is obtained by the capitalization of four blocks of competences common to all the courses as well as a block of professionalization according to the course of the candidate .
What are the tuition fees for the Bachelor of Luxury program ?
- For a 3rd year Bachelor’s degree : 8 900 €.
Continuing education (sandwich course) :
- For a 3rd year Bachelor’s degree : 9 700 €.
Tuition fees may vary from campus to campus. For more information, please contact the campus concerned.
The rates presented are valid for the year 2022-2023.
VAE : 4 200 € HT
VAP : 850 € HT
International students pack: Mandatory fee of 490 euros for exclusive support services international students.
What financial aid is available to integrate the INSEEC Bachelor in Luxury?
INSEEC offers several financial aid schemes:
- The alternating rhythm, in internship or work-study contract
- The right to training via the CPF
- Banking partnerships
The INSEEC Bachelor welcomes people with disabilities
INSEEC, one of the schools of the OMNES Education group, makes every effort to be inclusive and open to all people, regardless of their background or situation.
Our goal is that no student with a disability should be hindered in his or her desire to pursue an education and a professional career.
Support is therefore provided to facilitate access to the premises and to offer personalized advice and adapted facilities throughout their school career.
Accessibility: all our premises are adapted to the handicap standards.
The disability advisor, present on each campus, is the main contact person who will help set up a personalized support system for the student.
It acts as a link between students with disabilities and the various entities that make up the school. It accompanies them throughout their training.
Contacts: a disability advisor is present on each INSEEC campus. You can find their contact details on the contact page of each city.
key figures for luxury training
Graduation rate 2019 – 2020
Apprenticeship Contract Breakdown Rate 2019 – 2020
Satisfaction rate 2019 – 2020 (according to the LimeSurvey analysis report in October 2020)
Ratio of certified apprentices to the number of apprentices taking the exam 2019 – 2020