“Arthur Morel is currently working at Tesla as a Product Specialist. His career path can make you dream since it is within the framework of his internship research for the end of his MSc Luxury Management, Fine Food & Tourism that he landed this position in permanent employment.
What are your daily missions ?
What I like most is that my work is varied. I am, as I wished, in direct relation with the customers and I have the chance to work in a young and dynamic team, which allows me to learn and never get bored.
My assignments are as follows :
- Greet customers as they come in, answer their questions and provide the most positive Tesla customer experience possible.
- Communicate enthusiastically with customers and fans about the benefits of going 100% electric.
- Assist Sales Consultants with test drives with Tesla enthusiasts and provide a unique experience so that the future customer will recommend us to their friends and family.
- Helping Tesla enthusiasts and future owners stay informed about Tesla by subscribing to web news related to the company and its founder, Elon Musk.
- Through point-of-sale exchanges, identify future prospects and encourage them to get behind the wheel of a Tesla.
- Assist customers in the purchase of Tesla accessories and ensure the availability and presentation of these products.
- Conduct competitive intelligence on industry trends and best practices.
- To be a force of proposal within the framework of the creation of events related to the development of the Brand.
- Help develop new ways to market our vehicles to the Tesla community.
- Your performance will be measured by your ability to engage prospects by signing them up for test drives and/or other Tesla events.
What is your educational and professional background?
My background is a bit atypical as I started with a BTS in customer relations. Then, thanks to the BBA INSEEC, I managed to give my career an international dimension. I went to England and New Zealand for my internships where I did marketing, digital and sales. It also allowed me to learn English.
What made you choose the Msc ” Luxury Management ” ?
I wanted to specialize because I wanted to work in an industry related to luxury, design or innovation. It is a training in English and French, which allowed me to continue to speak English and to complete my knowledge in luxury and tourism marketing.
Why did you choose to work for Tesla ?
I was lucky enough to apply to Tesla, one of the most innovative companies of our time, which also combines luxury. I work in Geneva in an international environment, which I really enjoy. Moreover, my work is diversified and I think that it is a company that will allow me to evolve according to my skills.
You have just signed a permanent contract in the company where you are doing your internship, what advice would you give to students who would like to do the same ?
When you are looking for a job or an internship, you have to persevere and send resumes and cover letters without getting discouraged, even if you don’t get an answer right away. I think you should not hesitate to ask the school’s career center for help with both resumes and interviews. For my part, it helped me a lot.”Updated 24 February 2022