What training do I need to work in the retail industry?

etudiante de l'inseec dans un cowork
Home » The Business specialization at INSEEC » What training do I need to work in the retail industry?

Do you dream of working and making a career in commerce? Are you hesitating between a short and a long course of study? Do you want to choose the right programs and institutions to get the right education? Don’t know what training to take to work in retail? We explain it to you in this article.

In summary:

To work in commerce:

  • You can study at a university or at a specialized institution.
  • Ideally, you should prepare yourself in a business and/or management school.
  • You have the choice between a short or long cycle depending on your professional projects.
  • Knowledge of foreign languages, including at least English, is always an asset.

You wish to join
an INSEEC program?

You wish to have some
more information about a program?

Which training to choose after the baccalaureate to work in the trade?

If you want to work in commerce, the best thing to do is to choose a course of study that is related to it right after the baccalauréat. Whether you decide to go to a university or a specialized institution, the courses available just after the baccalaureate are always in 2 or 3 years. After that, it is up to you to decide whether or not to continue with a bachelor’s degree, or even a bachelor’s degree.

If your goal is to work in commerce, it is ideal to choose the commerce track. However, there are also other related areas to achieve this same goal. For example, you can opt for finance, management, marketing or even human resources.

Why do a short course to work in the trade?

Do you want to enter the world of work faster? The ideal is to follow a short training. It is then a question of taking a BTS or a DUT if you want to reach a level of study bac + 2. To have better prospects for career development, you can also go up to a bachelor’s degree or a professional degree.

If your goal is to enter a trade in the level or work for a company that has foreign clients, you can choose an international bachelor’s degree.If you want to work at an international level or for a company that has foreign clients, you can choose an international bachelor’s degree. This short course is conducted in English and is designed to train you for jobs in the international field.

Why take a long course to work in the trade?

Your professional project is to reach a position of executive, manager or even director in the future? Or do you want to specialize in a particular field? You can opt for a long course instead. You can take it either by going to university or by joining a specialized institution.

In any case, a long training takes at least 5 years and allows you to have a diploma of Bac + 5. It can be a master’s degree, a master of science or an MBA if you want to work in business at the international level.

Is it necessary to do a preparatory course to integrate a training allowing to work in the trade?

All institutions that offer business training have their own admission requirements. While some require an entrance exam, others opt instead for admission by file selection. Some business and/or management schools even use both.

The ideal is then to prepare yourself since the baccalaureate by choosing the specialty that is closest to the field of commerce or similar fields. If you wish to integrate a great school To study business, you can also do a pre-prepared economic and commercial course. This is what will allow you to better prepare for the exams and put all the chances on your side.

Why choose Inseec’s BBA International Business & Innovation program to work in business?

To launch your career in business, ideally go to a good business and/or management school. Then join Inseec to train for the business world. For more information, see the FAQ section.

Do you want to work internationally and adapt to the changing business environment? The BBA International Business & Innovation program is an interesting course available at Inseec. It is accessible after the baccalaureate and allows you to have a bac + 4 at the end of the course.

To work in business at INSEEC, we also offer other types of training, such as the Msc Project Management & Business Engineering or the Bachelor in Business Development, E-commerce & Start-up.

Updated 13 July 2023