Become a Business Development Manager
and blocks of competencies
Title of “Manager of Business Development” level 7 (EU) registered in the RNCP (National Directory of Professional Certifications) under the code NSF 312. Registered in the National Directory of Professional Certifications on October 14, 2020. Publication in the J.O. of March 21, 2021
The validation of the certification is obtained by the capitalization of four blocks of competences common to all the courses as well as a block of specialization according to the course of the candidate.
Sales executives are among the professions that will benefit from the largest job creation by 2022 (DARES).
Michael Page lists sales jobs as one of the three “most sought-after and most difficult to recruit” profiles. The number of hires, according to the recruiting firm, grew by 22% between 2016 and 2018 and reaches an all-time high in 2019.
Regions Job reports that 44% of employers are struggling to find the right candidate for the sales function.
All these indicators lead, among others, to propose a quality training for the profession of Business Development Manager.
What jobs can you do with this RNCP title?
The profession targeted by the certification is that of business development manager.
Various names cover the perimeter of this trade:
- Business Development Manager / Sales Manager / Sales Manager / Sales Director
- Sales engineer / Business engineer / Business manager / Technical sales manager / Business manager
- Sales Manager / Area Manager
“In response to business needs
The profession of Business Development Manager continues to evolve and the needs of companies continue to grow. These changes are only just beginning, but according to the various barometers and observatories in France and abroad, several major trends can be identified regarding the future skills of the business development professions:
- Increasing recruitment
- The impact of digital tools
- Adaptation to new customer and business requirements
In addition to the four common blocks of competencies above, there are two sectoral specializations for the Business Development Manager title:
- Business development manager in charge of business engineering
- Business development manager in charge of trade marketing
What skills are developed?
At the end of the course, students will have acquired the following four blocks of competencies:
- Definition of the commercial strategy and proposal of a relevant offer
- Development and implementation of commercial engineering and customer relationship management
- Management of sales teams
- Steering the performance of commercial activities and managing budgets
This certification is accessible by capitalization of these blocks of skills.
Example of a course
Definition of the commercial strategy and proposal of a relevant offer
MANAGEMENT AND CORPORATE STRATEGY
INTERNATIONAL MARKETING AND SALES STRATEGY
MARKETING AND SALES STRATEGIES
Development and implementation of commercial engineering and customer relationship management
OPERATIONAL MARKETING AND LOYALTY TECHNIQUES
KEY ACCOUNT STRATEGIES
Each stage of the buying cycle; the use of tools and behaviors adapted to the follow-up of a strategy.