In France, wine and spirits take an important place. They even represent a sector in their own right. Today, there are several professions related to this sector, from production to sale and consumption. If you wish to enter this field, different types of training are available to you, more information also on our specialized FAQ.
You wish to join
an INSEEC program?
You wish to have some
more information about a program?
What training should I do to work in the spirits industry?
In general, to work in the spirits industry, you need a certified and recognized training. You can opt for certified online courses or face-to-face training. Here are the courses you can choose from:
- a patent or a bac pro ;
- a BTS ;
- a Bachelor’s degree ;
- a certificate of specialization ;
- a university degree;
- a national diploma of oenologist;
- a license or a pro license ;
- a Master’s degree, a Master of Science.
Why work in the spirits industry?
France is the most renowned country in the world for the production of high quality eaux-de-vie. Gascony is one of the oldest spirit regions in France with over 700 years of experience in the production of Armagnac. The Cognac region is also world famous for its spirit of the same name, not to mention its dynamic production of high-end spirits such as vodkas, gins or even vermouth.
All of this means that the jobs related to this sector are constantly evolving. Working in the field of spirits, it is therefore hoped to find several professional opportunities at an interesting salary.
What is the international wine and spirits program offered by INSEEC?
INSEEC offers an international wine, luxury and spirits program available on many campuses. You will find several areas, including the marketing of wines and spirits. This division will allow you to acquire the knowledge necessary to enter the wine and spirits sector.
The programs there will also help you to see the many professions related to spirits. This will make it easier for you to make your choice. Moreover, the Luxury & Wine programis accessible from the bachelor’s level, whether for professionals in transition or for students. The programs end at the baccalaureate level.
What is the program of the Bachelor in Wine and Spirits at INSEEC ?
INSEEC offers a 3-year degree program in the wine and spirits sector. This is the Bachelor of Wine and Spirits. The program welcomes professionals in reconversion and professionals of the wine industry or spi. It also receives students from different institutions: universities, business schools, agricultural engineers.
The objective of this Bachelor’s degree is to train professionals in the wine and spirits sector. As such, the courses are taught by speakers from the business world and experts in the field. Note that you can complete your Bachelor’s degree in a work-study program. At the end of the training, you will obtain the certification of “Sales Activity Manager” of level 6 registered in the RNCP.
What is the program of the MSc in marketing and management of spirits at INSEEC?
The MSc in marketing and management of spirits is part of the Bac+5 programs offered by INSEEC. It is particularly oriented towards the international market. It is primarily designed for students who want to improve their practical, theoretical and multicultural skills in the field of spirits.
The program is accessible after a Bac+3 or Bac+4. The courses offered are particularly oriented towards consumer behavior, international market development and strategy. At the end of the training, you will obtain the professional certification of “Manager of Marketing and Commercial Strategy” of level 7 registered with the RNCP.
What are the admission requirements for INSEEC programs?
INSEEC offers 4 training programs. Each has its own admission requirements:
Admission requirements for the BBA :
- Baccalaureate holder;
Admission requirements for the Bachelor :
- bac+1 : be in the last year of high school or have already obtained the Bac ;
- Bac+2 : having validated or in the process of validating a Licence 1 ;
- bac+3 : having validated or in the process of validating a Licence 2, Licence 3, a 2nd or 3rd year of BTS, DUT, or a preparatory class.
Admission requirements for the program Grande Ecole :
- Bac+2 : Holder or in the process of obtaining a DUT, BTS, Licence 2, certified level III title or be enrolled in the 2nd year of an IEP;
- bac+3 : Holder or in the process of obtaining a diploma of level L3 o, holder or in the process of obtaining a certified title of level II/ III.
Admission requirements for the MSc :
- Bac+4: students who have validated or are in the process of validating a Bac+3, professionals in retraining and employees;
- Bac+5: students who have validated or are in the process of validating a Bac+4 or Bac+5, professionals in retraining and employees.