E-commerce is based on a system of buying and selling goods electronically. Thanks to the advantages it provides, it is gathering more and more followers. Besides, you can use mobile applications and websites to promote your products. These reasons explain why you should turn to e-commerce.
You wish to join
an INSEEC program?
You wish to have some
more information about a program?
What are the advantages of turning to E-commerce?
The online marketplace allows you to expand your business. Here are some other benefits you can get:
– Faster purchasing process. In an e-commerce based buying and selling system, consumers spend less time looking for what they want. They have the ability to browse many items at once and purchase what they like. Online, customers can find items that are available in physical stores far from them or that are not in their locality. Searching for an item, checking the description and adding it to the shopping cart is just a few clicks away. Customers can also check out reviews from other consumers to educate themselves before their purchase process.
– Ability to create a product list The customer will see a list of products when searching for an item online. This is a great advantage for the seller, as they can customize their product listings after creating them. He also has the possibility to add images, description, product category, price, shipping costs and delivery date.
What can be the disadvantages of E-commerce?
E-commerce has some disadvantages:
– Impossible to try the product
Since it is impossible to touch or feel the product, it is difficult for consumers to verify the quality, especially since there is no salesperson to advise you.
– Long delivery time. The delivery of products takes time in an e-commerce system. In traditional commerce, you receive the product as soon as you buy it, which is not the case in e-commerce. Indeed, delivery times can sometimes be quite long, especially if you and the seller are in different countries.
– Security issues. The online business is sometimes a den of scammers, especially since it is quite easy for hackers to get your financial data. This creates security problems that make customers shy away.
How to start in E-commerce?
As in any business, if you want to start in e-commerce, here are some steps to follow:
– Research your industry
The first step before starting an e-commerce businessis to do the necessary research. Think about the services you are going to offer, the needs of your customers and locate the different suppliers. You also need to consider how you want to get your products to your customers. Calculate the various fees involved and see if you will need licenses and permits.
– Select your company name and choose a legal structure. Once you have defined the plan for your e-commerce business, the next step is to choose a name. As with any business, choose a name that reflects your company. Then, choose the legal structure adapted to your activity. It can be a sole proprietorship, a limited liability company, or a simple corporation.
– Choose a platform. E-commerce platforms are quite numerous and you can choose them according to your needs. They help you promote your products and services and are equipped with features that will help you achieve your goals. Some are turnkey and allow you to be quickly operational.
How to train in E-commerce at INSEEC ?
INSEEC is an institution that offers several courses in digital marketing and e-commerce. To specialize in this field, you have the option of taking a bachelor’s degree, such as the Bachelor of Digital Marketing. It is accessible from a Bac, bac+1 or bac+2. After the Bachelor’s degree or a bachelor’s degree, a specialization in a Master’s degree in Digital Marketing and e-business is possible.
Students can opt for a traditional or alternating training.
Which strategy to develop to increase the visibility of its E-commerce site?
To increase the visibility of your e-commerce site, you can adopt the following strategies:
Create a blog
The blog can play an important role in the dissemination of your online store and can have a significant impact on your sales. To make your blog effective, provide answers to consumer questions. It is one of the marketing strategies that generate more traffic and allow to have pages indexed by search engines (SEO).
Create a social marketing strategy
To make your e-commerce site visible online, adopt a social marketing strategy. To do this, use live video, or link to Facebook Messenger from your site. It is, in fact, one of the main means of communication used nowadays.
Create an e-mail campaign
Email is one of the top lead generation channels that help increase the visibility of your e-store. This can be welcome emails or invitations to events or promotional codes.
Any other questions? See our FAQ.Updated 13 July 2023