Which studies to work in finance?
To work in finance, a Bac+3 or Bac+5 level is recommended. Depending on the position you want and your desire to move up the ladder, you will have to choose the most suitable path.
INSEEC’s Bachelor of Finance degree opens up many perspectives and allows students to aspire to positions of responsibility at the end of their studies. Obtaining a Bachelor’s degree will allow you to be immediately operational when taking up a position or to continue on to a Master’s degree in a business school such as INSEEC. Specializations in the field of Finance are numerous and offer a wide choice of future careers.
The INSEEC school of the Omnes Education group offers different courses in finance, to allow students to train and specialize in this field.
The Bachelor program, from Bac to Bac+3, has several specializations in finance:
The BBA program, from Bac to Bac+4, offers a specialization in finance with an international outlook:
The Grande Ecole program, from Bac+2 to Bac+5, also offers a wide choice of courses in finance:
The MSc&MBA program, from Bac+4 to Bac+5, offers a wide choice of specializations:
The courses are designed to enable students to master all the concepts of accounting, auditing, management control, management and taxation. As some of our courses can be completed on a work-study basis, students can integrate a real professional dimension into their training and bring to their course all the skills necessary to work in a company.
What job can I do with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance ?
After a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, students can apply for a wide range of jobs:
- Customer advisor in a bank, he has the management of several hundred customers. His/her primary mission is to develop the client portfolio in order to reach the sales objectives set for him/her. This job can be technical when preparing credit authorization files, for example.
- As a financial analyst, he has important responsibilities. Attentive to the health and growth of one or more companies, his mission is to anticipate possible developments in order to advise as best as possible on the investments to be made or the products to be developed.
- As a management controller, his attention is constantly focused on the company’s budgets. It establishes the budget forecasts but also the tools necessary to monitor the various results.
- As an insurance broker, he is in charge of negotiating different types of contracts for his clients and acts as an intermediary. Its objective is to find the most competitive contract with regard to the needs expressed by its customers.
- As a wealth manager specializing in tailor-made investments, the wealth manager is constantly looking for the most appropriate solutions for his clients and their needs. Its objective is to optimize its clients’ assets.
- As an accountant, he has an essential role in any organization. It is responsible for recording all expenses, revenues and investments of the company. The accountant can specialize in different areas.
- As a payroll manager, he/she is in charge of collecting, analyzing and processing the various information of a company’s employees in order to establish their remuneration and pay slips.
This list is not exhaustive, but it gives a first idea of all the possible opportunities. By pursuing a Master’s degree, future professionals will see this list expand and offer even more perspectives.
What salary after a Bachelor’s degree in Finance ?
The salary after a Bachelor’s degree in Finance will start at 28,000 euros gross per year. However, the salary remains variable. It will depend on the position and the sector in which the graduate student will work, but also on the possible negotiations at the time of hiring.
The salary will be more important if the student has a Master’s degree. This will enable him/her to claim a better bonus. Thanks to his or her level of diploma, but also experience and time, the future professional will be able to claim managerial positions that will allow him or her to gain in responsibility but also in remuneration.
The salary at the time of hiring is negotiable, depending on the profile, the background, the experience and the level of diploma.