Real estate is a sector that welcomes anyone interested in this field. However, it requires training, especially for those who want to occupy an important position. Are you one of those ambitious people? We explain why you should take a real estate course.
- The real estate agent training is available within a business and/or management school.
- You can opt for a short or long cycle depending on your projects and ambitions.
- The real estate agent profession requires the use of a professional card.
- The real estate business is recruiting.
- Experience counts for a lot in the real estate business.
You wish to join
an INSEEC program?
You wish to have some
more information about a program?
What is the training process to become a real estate agent?
Do you want to work as a real estate agent? You have 3 main choices:
– be an independent real estate agent with your own agency,
– be a real estate negotiator linked to an agency or a network of agents
– be an employee of an agency.
There are many ways to train as a real estate agent.
The best way to become a good real estate agent is to train at a school. This is how you can ensure that you acquire all the basics needed to practice this profession.
Indeed, as a real estate agent, you need to master real estate law, taxation, accounting and management. By integrating a dedicated training, you can study them at the same time within a program related to real estate.
Studying for a BTS in real estate professions allows you to acquire the basics and the mastery needed to become a real estate agent. However, you can also choose to do a Bachelor’s degree right after the baccalaureate, especially if you plan to continue your studies in 3 years. If you have the ambition to work in a profession with greater responsibilities in real estate, opt for a Bachelor’s degree.
How long does a real estate agent training course last?
The length of a real estate agent training course depends on the length of time needed to acquire the technical skills for the position. This requires at least 2 years of study if you want to train by doing a BTS real estate professions. If you decide to take a Bachelor’s degree, you will need at least 3 years to train.
If you opt for a Master’s degree, it is already a long cycle that is completed in 5 years (3+2). You can then start as a real estate agent and move on to a more responsible job in the future.
What are the admission criteria for real estate agent training?
If you choose to enroll in a real estate agent training program at a school, you must meet the required admission criteria. These may be different from one institution to another.
Both general and vocational baccalaureates allow access to these studies.
The candidate must justify:
- To enter the first year, you must hold a baccalaureate (all sections) or a Diplôme d’Accès aux Études Universitaires (DAEU), recognized as level 4;
- For integration into the second year: it is necessary to have validated 60 ECTS in a sector considered to be identical in terms of competencies to that of the course or to have validated 120 ECTS in a management science environment;
- For integration into the third year: it is necessary to have validated a 120 ECTS or a level 5 in a sector considered to be identical in terms of competencies to that of the course or to have validated 180 ECTS in a management science environment.
- For entry into the 4th year (MSc1): hold a level 6 and have validated the equivalent of 180 ECTS in a legal, management, financial or real estate course.
For entry into the 5th year (MSc2): hold a level 6 and have validated the equivalent of 240 ECTS acquired in a legal, management, financial or real estate course.
What qualities are needed to do a real estate agent training?
To do a real estate agent training, you must develop certain qualities, including the following:
- a highly developed sense of communication;
- a great mastery of negotiation and persuasion;
- A facility to easily assimilate different subjects for more versatility;
- be comfortable with numbers.
Which real estate agent training course to choose at INSEEC?
By choosing to do your real estate agent training at INSEEC, you have several options from the Bachelor to the Master. These trainings allow you to have better evolution perspectives even if you can become a real estate agent with a BTS or a Licence pro.
Other trainings in the specialization Real Estate are possible to train you to the profession of real estate agent:
-Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Transactions and Property Dealers
More answers to your questions in the FAQ section of the site.
How to obtain a professional card after completing the real estate agent training course?
To obtain your T professional card, you must obtain a diploma in the real estate business. The real estate T card is a title issued to real estate professionals, it is mandatory to practice. It is part of the various legal obligations to be respected before opening a real estate agency and carrying out transactions with the registration in the RCS and the certificate of authorization. It is delivered by the CCI, more information by following this link: https: //www.cci.fr/ressources/formalites-en-ligne/fichier-des-professionnels-de-limmobilier/demande-de-carte-professionnelleUpdated 17 May 2023